Learn more about the important role of emotional intelligence in our lives and how to cultivate it.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the 5 main factors of emotional intelligence and how those factors can play into personal and professional success
- Implement numerous strategies for seamlessly incorporating emotional intelligence into their personal and professional lives
- Utilize practical tools and resources that show EQ in action
THE ROLE OF INTELLECT (IQ), PERSONALITY, AND EQ
5 KEY ASPECTS OF EQ
- Self-Awareness (Ability to label feelings; Understanding cause and effect of emotions; Having preferences and opinions; Finding the right fit of hobbies, friends, jobs, relationships, etc.)
- Self- Regulation (Ability to soothe self; Ability to seek and use help/support from others; Ability to recover from emotional distress; Capacity to wait; Sense of humor)
- Motivation (Ability to set and work toward realistic goals; Ability to sustain attention and focus on the task at hand; Ability to persist when there is a setback; Capacity to cultivate optimism, hope)
- Empathy (Ability to recognize emotions in others, take on their social perspective; Cultivating concern and caring for others; Demonstrating thoughtful and kind behavior towards others)
- Relationship Skills (Honest expression of own emotions; Accurately reading emotions of others; Can apologize when wrong; Can give compliments and appreciation; Can compromise and problem solve; Can admit to not understanding; Sense of humor)
PRACTICAL STRATEGIES FOR DEVELOPING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: EQ2—JUST DO YOU!
- In this follow up to the introduction to EQ we will delve deeper into assessing your current personal EQ level and how to develop it to enhance your personal and professional life.
- We will discuss tried-and-true strategies and techniques to improve emotional intelligence as well as assess where your strengths are and where there are areas for growth.
- We will discuss how differences based on culture and language affect how we choose to express ourselves along with the ways in which these differences can influence our ability to understand and process emotions.
- We will identify specific ways to put our emotional intelligence to work more effectively in interactions with clients/customers, co-workers/peers, and personal settings.
1/2 Day - Full Day